March Meltdown Tournament
Friday, March 6th – Sunday, March 15th, 2020. Registration form can be downloaded from here
Posted: November 30, 2019
Hockey Manitoba Coaching Kit
The kit is a premium coach’s hockey bag filled with items to help your team perform on the ice, while introducing them to the values learned through hockey that will help both on and off the ice. For more information:
Posted: October 18, 2019
2019-2020 U18 Teams and Coaches
Posted: October 08, 2019
2019-2020 Peewee & Bantam Teams and Coaches
Posted: Oct 04, 2019
NEW FOR 2019!
Please note the following policy changes for the upcoming 2019-2020 season.
- SBMHA will officially discontinue use of the age group name “Midget” and replace it with “U18”. U18 will encompass the ages of 15, 16 and 17. All other age group names (Novice, Atom, Peewee and Bantam) will remain the same.
- Bantam and U18 age group evaluation policy has been changed to mirror that of all other SBMHA A hockey age groups. The Player Evaluation policy is revised to state the following; “SBMHA policy is to use independent evaluators to complete player evaluations for players in the Novice A, Atom, Peewee, Bantam and U18 divisions. This covers all age divisions for “A Hockey” Note that for the Novice division, this only applies to Novice A, the IP program will continue to be used for House League team formation.” As such SBMHA players selection process for Bantam and U18 age groups will no longer be 100% coach selection, and will now be 70% evaluator based and 30% coach selection.
Posted: August 30, 2019
If you require financial assistance to help with SBMHA registration fees, the following programs are available. If you have any questions, or need help with your application, please reach out to our Treasurer at treasurer@SBMHA.ca
Posted: July 10, 2019
Winnipeg East Railcats AA Hockey Program
We are looking for a Volunteer Equipment Manager for the upcoming hockey season 2019/20
if interested or would like more details please email Wade at email@example.com.
Posted: June 17, 2019
2019/2020 Hockey Winnipeg Changes
Hockey Winnipeg had their annual rules and regulations meeting in May. A motion was put forth and voted on and the following changes for the upcoming season were passed:
- AA and A1, A2, A3 hockey will become double ages.
- Peewee will become 11 & 12 yr olds, Bantam will become 13 & 14 yr olds.
- Each association will form 2 AA teams for the combined ages and the number of A1, A2 and A3 teams will be determined based on the same Hockey Canada formula as before.
- AA team formation will be for 2 equal teams based on a draft process for the forwards, then defence, then goalies.
- This will leave only Minor Atom and Atom as single ages and that change will take place 2020/2021. This would have Manitoba fall in line with the rest of the country and have double age hockey.
Pease be advised that in the absence of a formal statement from Hockey Wpg at this time, this is the information to the best of our knowledge. If there are material changes to this, we will issue a follow up statement to our membership.
SBMHA Board of Directors
Posted: June 14, 2019
SBMHA DISCIPLINARY/GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE
The Saint Boniface Minor Hockey Association (SBMHA),through its elected or appointed officials, have the authority to discipline any player, team official, team follower, parent or member. The President shall ensure that written policy or regulations exist with respect to the application of discipline that ensures that each disciplinary incident is dealt with consistently within the process set out below
Click here to read the entire policy document
Posted: December 20, 2018
The Drill Book for Coaches
TheDrillbook.com is a free coaching and player development platform that delivers cutting edge on-ice programming, coaching assistance, and practice planning tools. Coaches registered within Winnipeg Minor Hockey will have the opportunity to utilize the resources available through TheDrillbook.com during the 2014-15 season.
“This partnership is a great opportunity for our volunteer coaches throughout Winnipeg. We want to provide our coaches high quality resources and information to assist them in the growth and development of our great game,” says Monte Miller, Executive Director of Hockey Winnipeg.
The platform will custom load information, practice plans and videos based on the age level of team/players. The software is state of the art technology and the delivery system allows coaches to access a wealth of information and knowledge and share this information with their players and parents quickly and easily. Coaches also can build practices in video, and manage all aspects of their team activities.
posted: Nov 12. 2014